Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thyroid Cancer - I have a new doctor!!!

This is where my story takes a turn for the better. I thank God daily for the blessing of a doctor like Dr. B. This is the beginning of hope for the first time in my life since my diagnosis. It all begins on February 14, 2006 – Valentines Day.

The following is an e-mail sent to my friends on the day of my first appointment.

I am so excited ladies! Your prayers worked again. The Bible says the fervent prayers of the righteous availeth much. This is so true in my case. As I told you I have been trying to get in to see Dr. B - the doctor that specializes in Thyroid issues. I ended up making an appt for August 16th as this is the closest appointment they had. I asked if I could be placed on the waiting list and they said “sure, but there were 20+ other patients on the list that were waiting as well and some were terminal and NO ONE cancels due to the $50 deposit they place”. Given that I have read Joel Osteen’s book called "Your Best Life Now" I knew that I could pray for God's favor as he states we are children of God and can expect that people will do things for us that are good gifts from God and they have no idea (the people doing them) why they are doing them for you. So I prayed God's favor asking that I would be granted an appt sooner than August. Well, today I got a call and they asked if I could come TODAY at 5:15!!!! She told me that she needed an answer and that she would continue to call others while I looked for a sitter for Sierra. I convinced her to hold it for 15 mins and was able to get my Mom to come and stay with her. I called her back and I have an appt. She said when she saw my diagnosis she *knew* that I probably needed to be seen sooner. WOW GOD IS AWESOME!!!

So pray for safe travel for me. I am leaving at 2:15 - it's a 2 ½ hour drive but I don't want to get stuck in traffic anywhere or have something go wrong.

So that is my praise for the day!


This is my update to friends post visit to Dr. B. I was at an all time high for the 6 years of sickness.

HE WAS AWESOME!!!! I loved this doctor. What a blessing he was. I just got home - what a long day. I am beat so this will be quick. He was patient and listened to my story shaking his head - I think he was inside disgusted with the care I have received. He is doing an iodine test with blood and saliva and then gave me a lab slip for more tests. 12 VIALS WORTH!! I think he will know every hormone level in my body along with all other levels by the time he is done. But do you know what? Then we will have the answers as to where I really am. He was very knowledgeable but most of all he said Armour (my thyroid meds) was absolutely fine for me. *whew* that alone was worth the trip. His office visit was $375 and who knows what my labs will be but if it makes me well I don't care how much it will cost. He said exactly that to me "We won't worry about anything right now until we get you well". I finally have a doctor that wants to try to help me get well and not just give me another pill or poison me. He also said that my ND sounded like a smart man with the care I had gotten so far and that he would be open to working with him to help me since I am 2 hours away from him. This is another blessing.

So God is good all the time and all the time God is good (as my pastor says). But tonight it has more meaning as I have struggled to find a doctor to help me for 6 years. I will rest well tonight.
I have an appt with my ND tomorrow AM for an adjustment and to tell him the good news that I got in to see them. That story on how I passed all the others on the list is a God thing too. I am amazed at his awesome grace in my life. I am looking forward to the future. I will see Dr Brownstein again on 4/12 but will have a phone consult with him in approx two weeks when all my labs were in.

Ok I am exhausted - 4 1/2 hours on the road and 2 hours in a Dr's office did me in. Later!

My Final Post ..... The Ending of a Journey

It is a very strange feeling to be writing this post.  It will be the last update that I post to this blog.  The blog itself will remain up ...